Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a subsidiary of Amazon that provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs to individuals, companies, and governments, on a metered pay-as-you-
go basis. In aggregate, these cloud computing web services provide a set of primitive abstract technical infrastructure distributed computing building blocks and tools. Amazon Web Services (AWS) started their certification program back in 2013. Fast-forwarding six years, these certifications have become one of the best assets an engineer can use to boost their career. According to the 2018 IT Skills and Salary Report, 89% of IT professionals in 2018 had at least one certification, which is 3% more than in 2017. AWS exams are now available in multiple languages to cater to the global demand represented by numerous testing centers across the world.
AWS certification validates an engineer’s DevOps and cloud expertise with an industry-recognized credential – helping organizations identify and hire highly-skilled professionals to head their cloud initiatives on the AWS platform. AWS certification validates your technical expertise in operating, provisioning and managing distributed app systems on the AWS platform. It provides you with tangible advantages that showcase your accomplishments and further improve your AWS knowledge. Let us look at some of the benefits you can gain from being an AWS certified engineer. Having AWS-certified employees helps to identify skilled team members and reduce the risks when implementing projects on AWS.
Having AWS-certified employees can also help you to build your business, as it is one of the criteria for the higher tiers of membership in AWS Partner Network .
Some advantages of having a AWS Certification
- Credibility: Having a certification will not only increase your
knowledge about the services but also increase your credibility.
Acquiring credentials will open more doors of opportunities for
- Help you get a job: If you’re a professional or a fresher the
tag as “AWS Certified” will fetch you a lot of job opportunities in
- Higher Pay: The AWS certification does not guarantee a higher pay but AWS is the highest paying certifications list in the US.
- Improves skills: Having an AWS certification helps you to improve your skill set and reduce the risks when implementing an AWS project.
- Helps you build the business: Employers look for AWS certified employees as they help in building a business. It is one of the criteria for higher tier memberships of AWS Partner Network
- Huge benefits: Being a member of the AWS Partner Network helps you get training subsidies, AWS usage credit, market support,etc.